What is identity theft and how can we help?
Identity theft is defined as the process of using someone else’s personal information for personal gain. As a named checking account-holder with Harvester Financial CU, you are eligible for Fully Managed Identity Recovery Services if you suspect identity theft for any reason, or your personal information has been compromised.
If your identity theft event affects a family member, these benefits extend to cover three generations of your family. Eligible family members include:
- Spouse or domestic partner
- Dependents under age 25 with the same permanent address — even if they are in college or the military
- Parents with the same permanent address — living at home or in elder care (nursing home, assisted living, or hospice)
- Benefits extended to eligible individuals up to 12 months after death
We want to add additional value to our relationship with you, so we have arranged for professional identity theft research and recovery benefits to extend beyond accounts with us to cover all types of identity theft — including both financial and non-financial fraud. These include:
- Medical fraud
- Bank and credit card fraud
- Government documents and benefits fraud
- Employment fraud
- Phone and utilities fraud
- And all other types of identity-related fraud
Fully Managed Identity Recovery — How It Works
If you suspect identity theft, or your personal information becomes compromised as a result of a lost purse or wallet, a break-in, lost laptop or data breach, or other event, we can help. Simply contact Harvester Financial CU, and a representative will verify your information and securely submit your case to a Personal Recovery Advocate, who will contact you directly by phone.
Effective July 1, 2016
Think you don't need identity theft protection? Think again.
Identity theft is consistently the number one complaint to the Federal Trade Commission. Rampant data breaches, affecting millions upon millions of records, are putting consumers at great risk of identity theft. It can happen to anyone - regardless of your age and income, where you live, or how careful you are.
Restoring your identity on your own can be time-consuming and stressful. After a while, some people give up, leaving them to contend with the aftermath of identity theft for years to come, including fraudulent bills, collections activity, damaged credit and even criminal records.
Harvester Financial Credit Union is delighted to provide identity theft detection and recovery services as part of our Checking accounts.
We have partnered with one of the nation's most trusted names in identity theft protection to provide you with access to a comprehensive suite of services to address fraud caused by identity theft if it happens to you or your family member. These services include:
- Fully Managed Identity Fraud Research, Remediation and Recovery – a professional, certified and licensed Recovery Advocate will work on your behalf to restore your identity to pre-event status, for any type of identity fraud you might experience, or even suspect. This service extends to cover you and up to three generations of family! Click here for complete Terms and Conditions.
- Lost Document Replacement – this service provides personalized one-on-one assistance to replace identity credential documents that have been lost, stolen or destroyed in connection with your identity fraud event
- Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Insurance - you may receive reimbursement for out of pocket expenses incurred during the identity recovery process up to a maximum of $25,000, including reimbursement for lost wages, attorney’s fees, and other expenses. Click here for Evidence of Coverage.
- Entitlement to Credit Monitoring – If you decide to activate this service you will receive alerts of changes to your credit file that could signal identity theft. We can even send the alerts to you in a text message for ease of use and rapid communication. The entitlement is applicable to individuals age 18 and older who have a valid credit file.
Note: YOU MUST FOLLOW AN EASY ACTIVATION PROCESS IN ORDER TO RECEIVE THE BENEFITS OF CREDIT MONITORING. IF YOU DO NOT CHOOSE TO FOLLOW THESE STEPS, YOUR CREDIT WILL NOT BE MONITORED AND YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE ALERTS.
To learn more about how to activate your credit monitoring entitlement, you will receive an email from email@example.com if you have a Checking Account and if you have an email on file. When you receive the email, you will need to click on the activation link, enter your email address, complete your profile, and answer the authentication questions to activate this service. If you have not received an email, please contact us at 317.352.0455.
Open a Checking account with Harvester Financial Credit Union today! Click here for more information about our Checking account and other account benefits.
Looking for more protection against identity theft?
All Harvester Financial Credit Union accountholders may purchase an identity fraud package which includes services that may warn of possible identity theft. All packages include Fully Managed Recovery and Lost Document Replacement, plus other identity fraud detection and recovery benefits. Click here to see package options and to subscribe.