Member Service Representative (Teller)
The Member Service Representative will provide guidance to the credit union members in regards to their transactional, account service, and lending needs. Accuracy of transaction processing as well as product knowledge is of importance. Guiding members and identifying solutions by offering credit union products and services is a primary responsibility of this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for processing member/teller transactions in a proficient and accurate manner within security guidelines and with few errors
- Ability to speak to members in an informative, knowledgeable, and helpful manner about credit union products and services
- Must be able to recommend products and/or services that will be beneficial to the member
- Resolve problems or discrepancies concerning member accounts
- Be responsive to member needs and notify supervisor of concerns or problems in a timely manner. Be able to handle all member problems and complaints with professionalism and courtesy.
- May assume additional functions such as opening new accounts, processing loan applications, and perform member account maintenance requests
- Adhere to all credit union policies and procedures regarding cash limits, approvals, confidentiality, and other transaction policies
- Meet and exceed monthly goals as determined by manager
- Display a professional manner in dealing with supervisors, coworkers, and members
- Abide by dress code policy
- Assumes responsibility for Bank Secrecy Act / Anti Money Laundering related duties as required or assigned
- Understanding the BSA/AML regulations, policies and procedures
- Reporting any suspicious or unusual activity by members or associates
- Successfully completing BSA/AML Training as required
- Be available and willing to work such hours per day or per week as the credit union determines are necessary or desirable to meet business needs
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous customer service and sales experience
- Previous cash handling experience
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Teamwork oriented
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or fee; to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand and walk.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Working closely with others working in a multi-task environment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- 401(k) Plan
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
This position is available at our Indianapolis location (7020 Brookville Road Indianapolis, IN 46239).
Please inquire within for more information.