Member Service Representative - Part-Time (Teller)
The Member Service Representative will provide guidance to the credit union members in regards to their transactional, account service, and lending needs. Accuracy of transaction processing as well as product knowledge is of importance. Guiding members and identifying solutions by offering credit union products and services is a primary responsibility of this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for processing member/teller transactions in a proficient and accurate manner within security guidelines and with few errors
- Ability to speak to members in an informative, knowledgeable, and helpful manner about credit union products and services
- Educate members regarding online banking, mobile app, mobile deposit and other technology available.
- Resolve problems or discrepancies concerning member accounts
- Be responsive to member needs and notify supervisor of concerns or problems in a timely manner. Be able to handle all member problems and complaints with professionalism and courtesy.
- May assume additional functions such as accurately opening new accounts, processing loan applications, and perform member account maintenance requests
- Adhere to all credit union policies and procedures regarding cash limits, approvals, confidentiality, and other transaction policies
- Meet and exceed monthly goals as determined by manager
- Display a professional manner in dealing with supervisors, coworkers, and members
- Abide by dress code policy
- Assumes responsibility for Bank Secrecy Act / Anti Money Laundering related duties as required or assigned
- Understanding the BSA/AML regulations, policies and procedures
- Reporting any suspicious or unusual activity by members or associates
- Successfully completing BSA/AML Training as required
- Be available and willing to work such hours per day or per week as the credit union determines are necessary or desirable to meet business needs (average hours for part-time is typically 24-30 hours)
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous customer service and sales experience
- Previous cash handling experience
- High level of customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Teamwork oriented
- Displays professionalism
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand and walk.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Working closely with others working in a multi-task environment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position is needed at our Shelbyville office at 2507 Progress Parkway Shelbyville, IN 46176.
Please submit your resume to Sherry Wood, email@example.com.