Become a Member
If you’re looking for a better way to bank, you’ll find it at Harvester Financial Credit Union.
Harvester Financial Credit Union is a full service financial institution that has been serving the financial needs of families since 1954. Our local staff and management provide you the kind of personal, no hassle service you expect.
There are several benefits to becoming a member which include:
- We are cooperative which means that each member is a part owner. Part of the interest we earn in loans or fees goes back into improved products and services for our members.
- We have Mobile Banking, Mobile Deposit, Mobile Bill Pay, Online Banking, and many other helpful products and services for our members.
- Your funds are insured with $250,000 in coverage by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF) which is operated by the National Credit Union Association (NCUA). For more information and to see how you can qualify, Click Here.
- If you can't make it into one of our branches, that's not a problem. We participate in Shared Branching which means that our members have access to over 5,000 shared branches nationwide to conduct transactions.
- We have competitive loan rates and credit card rates. *Subject to credit approval. Some restrictions may apply.
- Each member has one vote in electing board members.
- Local decision making for fast, personable, hassle free banking.
- No early payoff penalties for any of our loans.
- Lastly, we treat you like you own the place...because you do. Unlike banks, our members have a voice and they are an integral part of our credit union. You are not just an account number to us, but you are a part owner once you decide to make the switch to Harvester Financial Credit Union.
- It’s simple to become a member.
Becoming a member is easy! After completing the membership application, the only requirement is $5 in your Regular Savings account. Direct Deposit can be set up from your employer right into your Harvester account. Should you decide to use this option, you will need to provide your employer with our routing number 274074134 along with your assigned account number. We welcome you to join Harvester Financial Credit Union and discover a better way to bank.
Eligibility for Membership
Anyone who lives or works, in either Shelby County or Marion County (excluding Pike Township) and their family members can become a member of Harvester Financial Credit Union. You must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident alien.
To start your membership application:
In compliance with the U.S Patriot Act Policy, Harvester Financial Credit Union is required to have three pieces of identification for any person wanting to open a new account. In opening the account, the person will be asked for the following information: name, date of birth, street address, and identification number.
Acceptable documents that will be accepted for verification of identity include current/active government-issued identification bearing a photograph, such as a driver's license or passport, social security card, or worker ID. We will also verify identification by calling ChexSystems or running a credit report.