Cheap Things to do in Indianapolis
Don't hurt your wallet this summer season.
With vacations, home projects, the kids being out of school, summer camps, and more, summer can become pretty expensive. Here are some fun ideas that you can enjoy with your family that aren't too expensive.
1) Walk downtown on the canal. The only thing you may need to do is pay for is parking. Beware of events downtown as events might drive up the cost for parking. The canal is the perfect for place for a date night, exercise, or just clearing your mind from a stressful day. Click here for more information.
2) Go to a park. Typically, park admissions are reasonable. Eagle Creek Park is a wonderful park. Bring food for a picnic, go for a hike, or bike ride. They also have beach for swimming. For a list of other activities, click here.
3) Rent a bike. Renting a bike is great way to explore downtown while exercising. Indiana Pacers Bike Share has several locations downtown.
4) Go to a museum. The Indianapolis Museum of Art has free admission on the first Thursday of each month from 4-9 p.m. For other admission costs, click here.
5) Go to the fair. The fair can be more expensive, so prepare ahead of time. Parking and children under 5 are free at the Marion County Fair. Fair admission is $5/person. If you want to save a little extra on food, try bringing your own drink or eat beforehand. Visit the site for more details and activities!
This is not a sponsored post.