Updated July 24, 2020
Mask Requirement for Shelbyville Office:
In compliance with Governor Holcomb's executive order, anyone entering our Shelbyville office will be required to wear a face mask that covers the nose and mouth starting on July 27, 2020.
This executive order will apply to anyone 8 years of age and up.
If you are not wearing a face mask, you will be asked by our staff to wear a face mask. If you do not fall under the exception list in the executive order and refuse to wear a mask, you will be asked to leave the building or go through our drive-thru to conduct your transaction(s).
To view more details of the executive order, please visit the indy.gov website.
Mask Requirement for Marion County (Indianapolis Office):
In compliance with Mayor Joe Hogsett’s public health order for Marion County, face masks that cover the nose and mouth will be required to be worn by individuals when entering our Indianapolis building as of July 9, 2020. If you are not wearing a face mask, you will be asked by our staff to wear a face mask. If you do not fall under the exception list in the public health order and refuse to wear a mask, you will be asked to leave the building or go through our drive-thru to conduct your transaction(s).
We appreciate your cooperation and patience during this time. HFCU will continue to abide by county, state, and federal guidelines.
To follow our Customer Identification requirements, we still may ask you to pull down your mask briefly to verify your identity before conducting any transaction on your account.
Information directly from the Public Health Order:
1. Unless an exception below applies, all individuals must wear a mask or face covering over their nose and mouth when in an indoor place other than their own home, or when outdoors in a situation where adequate social distancing of at least 6 feet is not possible (including outdoor public gatherings). This requirement does not apply to:
- Children who are two years of age or younger.
- Individuals who are hearing or speaking impaired and for whom a face mask or face covering is an obstacle to communication.
- Individuals who are unable to wear mask or face covering for a physical, medical, or health-related reason.
- Individuals in a hospital, doctor’s office, dentist’s office, or other health care facility, in circumstances where wearing a mask or face covering would be an impediment to receiving proper care.
- Individuals experiencing homelessness.
- Individuals who are alone in a room in a public building, such as in an office.
- Individuals who are traveling in their own vehicles.
- Individuals for whom wearing a face mask or covering would present a risk to their safety at while at work, as determined by local, state, or federal workplace safety regulations.
Please visit https://www.indy.gov/topic/covid for the remainder of Paragraph 1.
2. All businesses and public accommodations that are open to the public must ensure that all customers/visitors are complying with the requirements of Paragraph 1 above. Businesses or public accommodations that fail to enforce compliance with Paragraph 1 are subject to enforcement action.
For more details on this public health order, please visit https://www.indy.gov/topic/covid.
We are asking members to continue to use our drive-thru windows to perform standard transactions. We will continue to limit the number of members allowed in the lobbies to help maintain social distancing.
For the safety of our members and staff, we ask that if you are sick, have been advised by a medical professional to self quarantine, or if you’ve come in contact with someone with the COVID-19 virus, please refrain from visiting our branches or drive-thru windows.
We appreciate your cooperation and patience during this unprecedented time. HFCU has taken serious measures to help protect our staff and members.
Here are some of our current safety measures.
- HFCU requires our employees, members, and visitors to follow the social distancing requirements established by the CDC, including maintaining six-foot social distancing for employees and members of the general public when possible.
- Face shields have been installed on our teller lines and new member account desks.
- Members and visitors will be encouraged to wear masks at all times while in our branches.
- Loan and new account activity will continue to be encouraged to be conducted virtually, when possible.
- To facilitate social distancing, we have marked six-foot distances in our branch lobbies. Additionally, seating in lobby areas will have at least six feet of separation.
- Our public restroom at our Indianapolis will be closed until further notice.
- We have installed air purification bipolar ionization systems at both locations to break down pathogens.
- We are encouraging members to continue to use our drive-thrus when possible to help minimize person to person interactions.
- We may ask members who are wearing masks to briefly pull them down to allow us to positively identify them.
- We are are asking members to promptly exit the credit union upon completion of their transaction to help minimize the number of people in the lobbies.
We have several ways to access your Harvester Financial account. These include:
- Our website at harvesterfcu.org
- Online banking
- Mobile banking
- SYBIL phone banking 800-471-6663
- Surcharge-free ATMs
- Call us at 317-352-0455
We also understand that your employment may be disrupted due to COVID-19. Please reach out to us by calling 317.352.0455 if you find yourself in this situation and let us discuss how we might be of assistance.
Please continue to check our website for future updates.
We appreciate your cooperation and patience during all of this. We will continue to provide quality financial services to you as we navigate through these challenging times. The health of our members and employees is of the utmost importance. We will continue to monitor federal and state guidelines to make sure we are in compliance.
We look forward to continuing to serve you!